Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) information
Singapore Changi Airport is the primary airport serving Singapore. Often simply referred to as Changi Airport, it is considered to be one of Southeast Asia’s largest transportation hubs. Singapore’s Changi Airport serves as a hub for full-service scheduled airline Singapore Airlines, regional airline SilkAir and low-cost airlines Jetstar Asia Airways and Scoot. The airport serves more than a hundred airlines flying to over 350 destinations all over the world.
Changi Airport in Singapore has four main passenger terminals with a fifth terminal being planned for the mid-2020s. As a city-state, all terminals operate international flights with each airline operating all their flights out of a single terminal with the exception of Singapore Airlines.
- Terminal 1 serves airlines such as British Airways, Emirates, and Thai Airways.
- Terminal 2 serves airlines such as Firefly, Lufthansa and Malaysia Airlines.
- Terminal 3 serves airlines such as Lion Air, Malindo Air and Qatar Airways.
- Terminal 4 serves airlines such as AirAsia, Cathay Pacific and Cebu Pacific.
To find out which terminal serves a specific airline, visit Singapore Changi Airport’s official website to the latest information.
Singapore Changi Airport is located approximately 20 kilometres from the city centre of Singapore. A taxi ride from the airport to the city centre would take about 14 minutes and cost around SGD25-29 (MYR75-90). There are cheaper alternatives to get to the city centre from the Singapore airport.
- Airport shuttles are available for around SGD10 (MYR28) that leaves the airport every 15 minutes. Taking the shuttle would take about 14 minutes of travel time.
- Take the MRT or Mass Rapid Transit train from the Changi Airport station, which is accessible from Terminal 2 and 3 to the City Hall station for around SGD2-6 (MYR6-16). Travel time would be about 29 minutes.
- Hop on a local bus, specifically bus number 36, which would take you from the Changi Airport bus terminal to the Suntec Convention Centre, located in the city centre. The bus ride would take about 37 minutes' travel time and cost around SGD1-3 (MYR3-8).
Things to do in Singapore Changi Airport
Singapore Changi Airport has consistently ranked as the World’s Best Airport by Skytrax. It is well known for its exceptional facilities with each terminal having all the essential amenities. All terminals have banking facilities including ATMs and currency exchange, clinics and pharmacies, baby care rooms, airline lounges and more. Each terminal also has a good range of dining options from sit-down restaurants to quick cafes as well as duty-free shops and retail stores for last minute shopping. Free internet access and WiFi is available throughout all airport terminals.
However, what puts Singapore’s Changi Airport above the rest are their airport attractions:
- In Terminal 1, passengers can enjoy nature with the Cactus Garden at the rooftop as well as the Piazza Garden and Sculptural Tree Garden located within the transit area. Don't miss the Kinetic Rain art installation situated in the departure area.
- In Terminal 2, there is an Enchanted Garden that comes to life with sound and light and an Orchid Garden located in the transit area. A Sunflower Garden can also be found on the rooftop. Kids will also enjoy the Entertainment Deck that comes with gaming stations and a movie theatre that are free to use.
- In Terminal 3, there are several art installations such as the Birds in Flights, Saga Seed and Going Home sculptures. The terminal also has green spaces such as the Butterfly Garden complete with a 6-metre tall grotto-waterfall.
- In Terminal 4, visit the 6-metre high centrepiece called the Steel in Bloom as well as other art installations such as the Hey, Ah Chek!, Les Oiseaux and Travelling Family sculptures. Don’t miss seeing the Petalclouds which is a grand-scale kinetic sculpture.
For transiting passengers, there are several transit hotels located in Terminals 1, 2 and 3. The Aerotel Airport Transit Hotel is located at Terminal 1 while the Ambassador Transit Hotel has locations in both Terminal 2 and 3. There is also the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport situated at Terminal 3's landside area.
Cheapest flights from Singapore Changi Airport
Skyscanner is a travel search engine that quickly compares flights from trusted airlines and online travel agents to find the best and cheapest flight prices for travellers.
Start planning your next holiday and see the cheapest flights from Singapore Changi Airport below. Still undecided on your next holiday destination? Use Skyscanner’s Everywhere search function to find the cheapest flights and destinations from Singapore.
Top destinations from Singapore Changi Airport
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur is the largest city and the federal capital of Malaysia. Often simply referred to as KL by locals, the city is a melting pot of cultural influences. It is a popular for its unique cuisine, affordable shopping and architectural diversity. A visit to the Petronas Twin Tower is a must, especially for first-time visitors. Head up to the observation deck for fantastic views of the city. For a local experience, go to Kampong Bharu which is one of the last traditional Malay villages that survive today, located in the middle of Kuala Lumpur.
There are at least 25 direct flights from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur per day. This flight route is operated by many airlines including full-service scheduled airlines such as Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines and Uzbekistan Airways as well as low-cost airlines such as Jetstar, AirAsia and Scoot.
Chennai is the state capital of Tamilnadu and the sixth largest city in India regarding population. Formerly known as Madras, the city of Chennai is one of South India's main gateways. It has a booming art scene and local culture as well as a major destination for medical tourism. When planning a holiday in Chennai, visit one of its many historical places such as the Kapaleeswarar Temple and The Parthasarathy Temple. Chennai’s beaches are also a must-see. Head over to Marina Beach in the morning for a bit of relaxing and to the Edward Elliot’s beach for some local nightlife.
Singapore Changi Airport has at least six direct flights from Singapore to Chennai daily operated by various airlines such as Air India Express, IndiGo and Air India. Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines and SriLankan Airlines also offer connecting flights via Kuala Lumpur or Colombo.
Famously known as the “Island of the Gods”, Bali has a diverse landscape from sandy beaches and coastlines to rugged mountains and rice terraces. It is popular among travellers for its excellent diving and surfing as well as for its archaeological and historical attractions. If you are planning a trip to Bali, don’t forget to add a day or two touring the Hindu temples of Bali such as the Tanah Lot and Besakih as well as plan for taking in some water activities such as river rafting along Ayung River or canoeing at Lake Batur.
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Singapore Changi
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.