Flights to Jakarta, Indonesia
When one thinks of Indonesia, the holiday destination that comes to mind is immediately Bali. However, there are more to Indonesia than the famous beach town. One of those destinations is the capital city of Jakarta. It is a melting pot of traditions and modernity, a dynamic city with a vibrant nightlife, vast shopping scene and delectable local cuisine.
Two main airports serve Jakarta and the immediate area of the city:
- Soekarno-Hatta Airport (CGK) – Also known as Jakarta Airport, this primary airport is 20 kilometres north of the city centre. A taxi ride from the airport can take approximately 18 minutes but may take longer due to local traffic conditions. The journey will cost between IDR110000-140000 (MYR35-45). Airlines that operate out of the airport include Malaysia Airlines, Garuda Indonesia, Lion Air, AirAsia and Firefly.
- Halim Perdanakusuma International Airport (HLP) – Also used for military and private flights, the airport is 20 kilometres east of the city centre. A taxi ride from this airport will take around 17 minutes barring traffic and cost between IDR100000-120000 (MYR32-40). The airlines that serve this airport include Batik Air, Citilink and Susi Airlines.
Cheap Jakarta Flights
As a travel search engine, Skyscanner helps travellers find the cheapest flights to Jakarta. Search and compare across hundreds of trusted airlines and online travel agents to find the best flight.
Not set on your travel dates? View flights across a whole month or year to find the cheapest time to book your flight. Simply select ‘whole month’ on the search panel’s date selector above and then click on ‘cheapest month’. If you are not ready to book just yet, don't forget to sign up for Price Alerts to get updates when there is a change in flight prices.
Best Time to Visit Jakarta
The climate in Jakarta is tropical year-round with an average temperature of 29-35 degrees Celsius. Jakarta or Indonesia has only two seasons – wet and dry seasons where rainfall can be heavy during the wet season and humidity during the hotter months can be high. The best time to visit Jakarta would be between the months of May through October when the weather is drier with occasional showers. The driest months are June, July and September but this period is also considered the peak season for travel.
Some key events in Jakarta you might want to plan your holiday around – Vesak or Waisak Festival in May, Galungan Festival in July and the Jember Fashion Carnaval in August.
Things to do in Jakarta
Jakarta is a city where there is always something for any traveller to see, do or experience. Here are some of the top spots to visit:
- Ancol Dreamland – A resort destination where you will find a championship golf course, a theme park and many shows and activities for the family.
- Istiqlal Mosque – A Sunni mosque located in Jakarta featuring a contemporary design and international architectural style, it is said to be Southeast Asia’s largest mosque.
- National Museum of Indonesia – Also known as Museum Nasional, this museum has a collection of historical, archaeological, geographical and ethnological artefacts. It is also popularly known for its Elephant building named after an elephant statue located in its courtyard.
Looking to get away from Jakarta? Some great destinations are Baduy, a small rustic village outside Jakarta or Macan Island, a small island part of the Thousand Islands where many water and ecological activities are offered.
Read our guide on what to do in Jakarta here!
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Jakarta
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.