Flights to Cleveland, Ohio
Cleveland is a city in the state of Ohio in the United States of America. This Midwestern city, located on the shores of Lake Erie, is popular for its many artistic attractions such as the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame and the Cleveland Museum of Art. It also has beautiful green spaces such as the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and Cleveland Cultural Gardens. The city of Cleveland is also gaining popularity for its developing culinary scene and arresting architecture.
Cleveland is served by two airports:
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) – This is the primary airport serving Cleveland and Northeast Ohio. It is also the state's busiest and largest airport. Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is located approximately 22 kilometres from the city centre, and a taxi ride will cost around USD40-50 (MYR170-210). The travel time from the airport will take about 16 minutes. There are cheaper options to get to the city centre such as taking the subway or bus which would cost around USD3 (MYR11) and take between 30-45 minutes of travel time. There are currently no direct flights from Malaysia to Cleveland but some airlines that may offer non-direct flights such as United, Delta, American Airlines, Southwest Airlines and Air Canada.
- Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport (BKL) – Also known as Burke Lakefront Airport, it is a public airport and secondary to the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. This airport is located closer to the city centre, approximately 3 kilometres. A taxi ride from the airport to the city centre would cost around USD7-9 (MYR30-40) and take about 4 minutes of travel time. The airlines operating flights out of this airport include United.
Cheap Cleveland Flights
Skyscanner, a travel search engine, provides travellers with an effortless flight comparison experience between hundreds of trusted airline and online travel airlines. Try searching now and find the best flights to Cleveland for your budget.
Unsure on when to book your travel? Learn how to use Skyscanner’s cheapest month feature to find the best time to book your trip. Just select the ‘whole month' option on the date selector found on the search panel above and then click on the ‘cheapest month' button. Not ready to book just yet? Sign up for our Price Alerts and get email updates when your flight’s price changes.
Best Time to Visit Cleveland
The best time to visit Cleveland in Ohio would be between the months of September and October or from April through May. The period from September to October is considered fall or autumn season. This season is a beautiful time in Cleveland with the fall colours of orange and red leaves throughout the city. The city's temperature during this season averages between 15 to 24 degrees Celsius. However, it is good to note that the month of September is considered to be the wettest month of the year. If you find yourself in Cleveland during this period, don’t miss the Cleveland Air Show happening in September.
Meanwhile, the months of April and May is spring season where the temperature is perfect, not too cold or too hot. It averages around 16 degrees Celsius during the day and can get to the low of 4 degrees Celsius at night. Keep in mind that tourists begin trickling in for the start of peak travel season by mid-May so hotel rates can be higher. Despite the higher costs, April and May have many events to visit Cleveland for such as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Public Events Week in April and the Marc’s Great American Rib Cook-Off and Music Festival in May.
The summer months of June through August is the peak travel period and most popular time for tourists to visit Cleveland. Flight prices and room rates will be higher during this season so be sure to book your trip well in advance. Temperatures during summer are also excellent averaging between 18 to 27 degrees Celsius, but rainfall can still occur so keep an umbrella handy. Some events not to be missed are the Solstice Music Festival in June and the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival in August.
Lastly, the winter season of December through March sees an average temperature of 10 degrees Celsius but can drop to below zero at night-time. Despite the colder weather, this season is also a good time to visit Cleveland with the cheaper hotel rates and the many events happening such as the Winter Wine and Ale Fest in November, Holiday CircleFest in December, Cleveland Winter Beerfest in January and the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in March.
Things to do in Cleveland
Cleveland has many sights and activities to offer its visitors. Here are some of the most popular tourist spots:
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame – One of the most famous and iconic places in Cleveland, it is a museum showcasing many musical-themed exhibits from pop-culture collectables to historical archives of the most influential musical artists. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is also popular for being designed by renowned architect, I.M. Pei.
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo – Encompassing a land area of 183 acres, the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo has a simulated rainforest, and various animal exhibits divided into different areas – African Savanna, Australian Adventure, Cat and Aquatics Building, Northern Trek, The Rainforest and Waterfowl Lake.
- Cleveland Museum of Art – A popular art museum showcasing over 45,000 works of art that cover a period of 6,000 years. The museum also has films, musical events and art lectures scheduled throughout the year. It is open six days a week from 10 am to 5 pm except on Mondays when it is closed. Wednesdays and Fridays open late until 9 pm.
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Cleveland
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.