Flights to Panama City, Panama
Panama City, the capital of the Republic of Panama, is also the largest city and is the administrative and political centre of the country. It is situated at Panama Canal’s Pacific entrance. Panama City is considered to be Central America’s most cosmopolitan capital and the cultural hub with a unique blend of modernity and history.
Two airports serve Panama City and its immediate area:
- Panama City Tocumen International Airport (PTY) – Officially known as Aeropuerto Internacional de Tocumen, it is the primary international airport of the country and serves as the main hub for Panama's flag carrier, Copa Airlines. The airport is located approximately 19 kilometres from the city centre. A taxi from the airport to the city centre would cost around PAB23-28 (MYR100-120) and take about 18 minutes of travel time. There are currently no direct flights from Malaysia to Tocumen International Airport, but other airlines flying this route include KLM, Turkish Airlines, United, Copa Airlines and GOL Linhas Aéreas.
- Panama City Paitilla Airport (PAC) – Officially known as the Marcos A. Gelabert Albrook International Airport, it is located approximately 6 kilometres from the city centre. A taxi ride to the city centre from the airport would cost around PAB8-10 (MYR30-45) and take only about 6 minutes of travel time. There are also no direct flights from Malaysia to the Albrook International Airport. Currently, only one airline operates flights at the airport, Air Panama.
Cheap Panama City Flights
Skyscanner, a travel search engine, provides users with a way to search and compare flights to Panama City. Quickly find the best flights from hundreds of trusted airlines and online travel agents with a simple search form above.
Not set on your travel dates? Use Skyscanner to view prices across a month or even a year to find the cheapest time to go to Panama City. Start now by selecting the "whole month" option on the date selector above and then clicking on the "cheapest month" button. If you have found the best flight for your next holiday but not ready to book just yet, sign up for our Price Alerts, so you will get updates on your flight’s price changes.
Best Time to Visit Panama City
Panama City is a year-round travel destination. However, it is generally recommended that the best time to visit would be during the dry season from December to April when average temperatures range from 27 to 28 degrees Celsius. This season also has the sunniest days which is best to enjoy all the outdoor activities that Panama City has to offer. It is also a good season to visit for the many events happening during the period such as the Carnaval in February, Holy Week as well as Christmas and New Year holidays.
The shoulder seasons which are the months of May to June and during November would also be a good time to travel to Panama City. November is considered to be the coolest month of the year with an average temperature of 24 to 27 degrees Celsius. It will be a good month to schedule your holiday if you want to avoid the heat and humidity.
While you can still visit Panama City from July to October, it is generally not considered to be the best time to visit. However, if you are planning to enjoy some surfing, particularly on the Pacific side of the island, this season would be the best for that activity. It is also a good period for when you want to take advantage of the cheaper flight tickets and room rates.
Things to do in Panama City
There are many activities to try and sights to see in Panama City. Here are just a few of the most popular tourist spots in the city:
- Metropolitan Natural Park – An urban wildlife refuge home to many bird species as well as the Geoffroy’s Tamarin which is a small red-crested monkey indigenous to Panama. The park is open daily from 8 in the morning until 5 in the afternoon.
- Casco Viejo – Also known as San Felipe or Casco Antiguo, Casco Viejo is Panama City’s historic district. It became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. Some of the sights to see in the area include the El Palacio de las Garzas, the residence of the country's president, and the National Theatre of Panama.
- Panamá Viejo – The former capital of Panama, it is where you will find the archaeological ruins of old Panama City. It is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Don’t miss the museum and bell observation tower found in the area.
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Panama City
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.