Flights to Cincinnati, Ohio
Cincinnati is a city in the state of Ohio in the United States of America. This southern city is a metropolis with numerous architectural landmarks and historical sites. It is home to several museums and has what is considered to be one of the country’s best zoo. Cincinnati also has a beautiful countryside that would entice nature lovers from bluegrass-covered hills to the meadow-lined banks of Ohio River.
Cincinnati is served by two airports:
- Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Airport (CVG) – Also known as Covington Airport, this public international airport is located approximately 33 kilometres from Cincinnati’s city centre. A taxi from the airport to the city centre would cost around USD45-60 (MYR210-260) and take about 26 minutes of travel time. Several major airlines operate flights from this airport including Delta, American Airlines, United, Southwest Airlines and Air France. There are currently no direct flights from Malaysia to Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Airport.
- Cincinnati Municipal Airport (LUK) – Also known as Lunken Airport or Lunken Field Airport, it is a public airport located about 9 kilometres from the city centre. A taxi from this airport to the city centre of Cincinnati would take about 11 minutes and cost USD17-21 (MYR70-90). This airport mostly serves private and corporate flights with very few commercial flights.
Cheap Cincinnati Flights
Skyscanner, a travel search engine, allows users to search and compare flights to Cincinnati. Quickly find the best flights from hundreds of trusted airlines and online travel agents with a simple search form above.
Not set yet on your travel dates? Use Skyscanner to view prices across a month or even a year to find the cheapest time to travel to Cincinnati. Start now by selecting the "whole month" option on the date selector above and then clicking on the "cheapest month" button. If you have found the best flight for your next holiday but not ready to book just yet, sign up for our Price Alerts, so you will get updates on your flight’s price changes.
Best Time to Visit Cincinnati
The best time to visit Cincinnati, Ohio would be during the months of September or May when the weather is excellent, and the city is packed with events and activities. The month of May would give you an average temperature of 10 to 21 degrees Celsius which makes attending the Appalachian Festival or Taste of Cincinnati, both happening in May, more enjoyable. September would also see the same average temperatures with the plus factor of being the time for most of the city's major events such as the Oktoberfest Zinzinnati and Midpoint Music Festival. The downside of visiting during September would be the higher accommodation rates so be sure to book early to get the best hotel rates.
The months of October to April is winter season in Cincinnati with low temperatures averaging at 4 to 7 degrees Celsius. Temperatures will further drop below zero in January before beginning to warm up in February. If you are planning a visit during this season, don’t miss the PNC Festival of Lights from November to January.
Lastly, the months of June through August is Cincinnati’s summer season. Summertime in the city can be hot, averaging 27 to 30 degrees Celsius, but there are many activities that can help you cool down such as wakeboarding or taking a scenic riverboat ride along the Ohio River. If you are in the city in August, be sure to watch out for the Cincy Blues Fest.
Things to do in Cincinnati
There are many things to do and sights to see while in Cincinnati. Here are just some of the top attractions:
- Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden – A popular animal park and wildlife conservatory which is home to over 3,000 plant species. It has several rides and a 4D theatre to entertain kids and kids-at-heart alike. The zoo and garden covers a land area of 74 acres and opens from 10 am to 6 pm daily.
- Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal – Originally a passenger railroad station called the Cincinnati Union Terminal, it was converted into a multi-purpose building housing theatres, libraries, museums as well as travelling exhibitions. It is open from 10 am to 5 pm daily.
- Coney Island – A popular vintage amusement park and waterpark, Coney Island offers various entertainment and activities such as the ‘Python' roller coaster, and three pool slides called ‘The Twister', ‘Pipeline Plunge' and ‘Cyclone'. It also has other rides such as a Ferris wheel, carousel, bumper cars, pedal boats and more.
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Cincinnati
Frequently asked questions
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.