Flights to Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, one of the seven emirates that comprise the United Arab Emirates, is considered to be the most progressive and modern among the Emirates. While Dubai is not at the top of most travel wishlists, it has been steadily gaining popularity among travellers. The city is served by three airports:
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) – This is the primary airport that serves Dubai and is located in the Al Garhoud District which is 5 kilometres away. A taxi ride from the airport to the city centre will take around 10 minutes and will cost approximately AED40 (MYR47). Airlines that operate in this airport include Emirates, Malaysia Airlines, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines and Cebu Pacific.
- Dubai Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC) – The Al Maktoum International Airport is located in Jebel Ali which is 45 kilometres from Dubai. A taxi ride from the airport to the city centre can take approximately 45-60 minutes and cost between AED140 (MYR163) to AED200 (MYR233). Airlines operating out of this airport include Qatar Airways, Helitt, WizzAir and flydubai.
- Dubai Creek SPB Airport (DCG) – This is a water aerodrome located around 3 kilometres from the city centre of Dubai. A taxi ride to the city centre can take approximately 10 minutes and cost around AED16 (MYR19). This airport only serves as a hub for Seawings, a Dubai seaplane operator and none of the commercial passenger airlines.
Cheap Dubai Flights
Skyscanner, as a travel search engine, helps travellers find the lowest prices and best flights to Dubai. We can compare hundreds of trusted airlines and online travel agents with just one click of a button.
If you are not set on travel dates, use Skyscanner’s ‘cheapest month’ feature to get you the best deal. Simply select the ‘whole month’ option on the date field above and then click on the ‘cheapest month’ to find out when it is cheapest to travel. Not ready to book just yet? Sign up for Price Alerts to get updates when your chosen flight changes price.
Best Time to Visit Dubai
Dubai is generally a very hot city. With the climate in mind, the best time to visit Dubai would be during the months of November through March which is their winter season.
From November to March, the temperature averages between 21 to 27 degrees Celsius which make it a very good time to take advantage of the sandy beaches along the Persian Gulf. However, this season is also the peak for travellers making popular tourist spots crowded and accommodation costs high. Some key events during this season are the Al Marmoom Heritage Festival in March and the Dubai Shopping Festival from January to February.
The months of April to October, with temperatures reaching the highs of 40 degrees Celsius partnered with high humidity levels, may make for uncomfortable days especially those not accustomed to this hot weather. While outdoor activities would be unwise during these months, there are many indoor activities offered in Dubai. Look out for the Dubai Summer Surprises which happen from July through September.
Things to do in Dubai
There are plenty of activities and sights to see in Dubai. Here are some recommendations:
- Burj Khalifa – An 829.8-metre tall skyscraper with 163 floors, this architectural wonder is not a sight to miss. Visit the outdoor observation deck on the 124th floor to view the amazing Dubai skyline.
- Burj Al Arab – This luxury hotel is an iconic image in Dubai’s skyline with its structure mimicking a ship’s sail. It is the third tallest hotel in the world and stands on an artificial island.
- Palm Islands – Consisting of three artificial islands – Palm Jumeirah, Deira Island and Palm Jebel Ali – it is located off the coast of Dubai. It is known for its distinctive shape that forms a palm tree topped by a crescent.
Looking to head out of Dubai for the day? Visit Abu Dhabi which is the country’s capital city or take a cruise in the Musandam Peninsula of Oman.
Also, do not miss our budget itinerary to Dubai!
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Dubai
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.