Flights to Paris, France
Paris is always one of the go-to destinations when planning a holiday. It is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world thanks to its many attractions beautifully set in this charming and picturesque city. Paris is home to many world-class museums such as the Louvre and Musee d’Orsay and is quite famous for its cuisine which you can sample in the many cafes and brasseries around the city. It is also a fashion capital with many designer houses within the Triangle d’Or.
Paris is served by three main airports:
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) – Also known as Roissy Airport after the local district where it is located, it is France’s largest international airport. The Charles de Gaulle Airport is located approximately 29 kilometres from the city centre. A taxi ride from the airport to the city centre would take around 25 minutes and cost between EUR40-55 (MYR195-270). A cheaper option would be to take the train for EUR5-8 (MYR25-40) with a travel time of around 35 minutes. Some of the airlines that operate flights from CDG include Singapore Airlines, Air France, Emirates, Qatar Airways and Cathay Pacific.
- Paris Orly Airport (ORY) – An international airport located in both Orly and Villeneuve-le-Roi, it is approximately 19 kilometres from the city centre. A taxi ride from the airport would cost between EUR29-35 (MYR142-172) and take about 17 minutes of travel time. The train is a cheaper option for a longer travel time of around 40 minutes but much more reasonable at EUR13-16 (MYR64-80). The airlines that have flights to and from the Orly Airport include British Airways, Iberia, Vueling Airlines, American Airlines and TAP Portugal.
- Paris Beauvais Airport (BVA) – Also known as Beauvais-Tillé Airport, it is France's tenth busiest airport. It is located in the region of Picardy and is approximately 80 kilometres from the city centre of Paris. A taxi ride would be costly at EUR160-200 (MYR785-968) and take a travel time of around an hour. The cheaper option would be to take a shuttle or train that would cost between EUR19-25 (MYR93-123) and take around 2 hours of travel time. The Beauvais Airport is used mostly by charter and low-cost airlines such as Ryanair, Blue Air, Wizz Air, Air Moldova and Volotea.
Cheap Paris Flights
Skyscanner gives travellers an easy way to compare flights and airfares across hundreds of trusted airlines and online travel agents. As a travel search engine, it searches different websites for you to get you the best flight deal.
Find the best Paris flight from any of the airlines and book directly with the airline or with a travel agent. Not ready just yet to buy a flight ticket? Sign up for Skyscanner Price Alert to stay updated on when the flight price changes.
Best Time to Visit Paris
There are two periods in a year that is considered to be the best time to visit Paris – the summer and fall season.
The summer months of June to August can be the perfect time to visit with great weather averaging around 20 degrees Celsius and having longer days of sunshine. However, it is also considered to be a peak travel season so it can be an expensive and crowded time to visit. Some key events in this season are Fete de la Musique in June and Bastille Day in July.
To avoid the crowds and high room rates and airfares, considering visiting in the fall months of September to October. The weather would still be great averaging 15 degrees Celsius but can also reach the low 4-10 degrees Celsius. Don’t miss the Paris Fashion Week in September and Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe in October if you are in town during this season.
The winter months of November to February will see an average temperature of -1 to 4 degrees Celsius with December being the rainiest month of the year. However, if you are up to braving the cold weather, flights and accommodation will be cheaper during this season. Some events you may want to experience are the Le Salon Nautique de Paris and Fete de St-Sylvestre, both in December.
Spring in Paris falls in the months of March through May. Book your flights during this season to get slightly cheaper fares and room rates. The temperature during these months is also enjoyable with an average of 4-15 degrees Celsius. There may be occasional rain showers, but this also means that colourful spring flowers will be in full bloom. Some popular events during this season include Foire du Trone in March and the French Open Tennis Championship in May and June.
Things to do in Paris
There are many cultural and historical sights to see in Paris. Here are just of the few that are highly recommended:
- Eiffel Tower – What is a visit to Paris without a peek at the world famous Eiffel Tower? It is a 1,063 feet tall wrought iron lattice tower located on Champ de Mars. Visitors can access two levels of restaurants and an observation deck.
- Notre-Dame de Paris – Also known as Notre-Dame Cathedral, it is a medieval Catholic cathedral located on the Île de la Cité housing some of the most valuable relics in Catholicism. The Notre-Dame is said to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture.
- Musée d’Orsay –The museum building is beautiful in itself being the former Gare d’Orsay, a Beaux-Arts railway station. The museum holds the largest collection of post-impressionist and impressionist artworks including those of Monet, Degas and Van Gogh.
Flexible where you fly? Search nearby airports for bigger savings.
Airports near Paris
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.